Gather around the grill with this inspirational recipe and grilling ideas for family and friends.
- 6 whole smoked chicken legs - shredded and tossed with your favourite bbq sauce
- 12 corn tortillas
- 3 cups diced pineapple
- 1 long red chili pepper, seeded and diced
- Juice of one lime
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 cups sliced red onions
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Pineapple Salsa: Mix all ingredients together in a medium bowl. Let sit at room temperature for one hour to let the flavours develop.
- Pickled Onions: Bring the vinegar, wine and sugar to a boil in a small saucepan. Add the sliced onions and cook for 30 seconds.
- Let cool, place in a clean glass jar and store in the refrigerator up to one week.
- Assemble tacos by layering chicken, salsa and onions on tortillas.