Gather around the grill with this inspirational recipe and grilling ideas for family and friends.
- 6 split wings
- 6 drumsticks
- 1 cup wood chips hickory, cherry, apple or blended
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup paprika
- 4 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon granulated onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- *Makes 1 cup rub
- By hand in a bowl rub the drumsticks and split wings with BBQ rub. Refrigerate overnight for best result and flavour or minimum four hours.
- Remove the Turkey pieces from the fridge and let sit at room temperature for about 20 minutes. Presoak wood chips in a bowl with water overnight or soak with boiling water 30 minutes to 1 hour before cooking.
- Preheat the BBQ (Broil King Keg- grill set on second level) Gas Grill set indirect heat to 200°F.
- Place the turkey drumsticks on the lower lever and the wings on the upper grate in Broil King Keg smoker. Cook until the wings and legs are very tender and the juices run clear, 2 to 2 1/2 hours wings and 3 to 3 1/2 on drumsticks. Add a handful of presoaked wood chips directly to the hot charcoal every 45 minutes throughout the cook cycle. Gas grills add woodchips to a smoker box placed over a functioning burner on the flav-r-wave.