Gather around the grill with this inspirational recipe and grilling ideas for family and friends.
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground chicken
- 1 8oz can waterchestnuts, rinsed and drained
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- vegetable oil
Spicy Dipping Sauce
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1/3 cup Asian fish sauce
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp packed brown sugar
- 3 tbsp water
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp Asian chili paste
- 1/4 cup packed fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 2 tbsp finely shredded peeled carrot
- Place chicken in a large bowl and set aside. Place the water chestnuts, scallions and jalapeno pepper into the food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Toss the water chestnut mixture into the bowl with the chicken, add cilantro, salt and egg white and gently mix together with your hands until just combined.
- Line a cookie sheet or other flat-bottomed dish that will fit in your freezer with parchment paper. Using a spoon and moistened hand, form the mixture into small, bite-sized patties, and lay them on the prepared sheet, adding more layers of parchment paper as necessary. Dipping the spoon in water and continuing to moisten your fingers will help prevent sticking.
- Place the tray in the freezer until patties are frozen solid. Peel the chicken patties off the parchment and store them in plastic freezer bags or other airtight container until ready to cook.
- Preheat barbecue and reduce temperature to MEDIUM/LOW. Brush or spray both the chicken patties and the grill liberally with vegetable oil to prevent sticking. Grill from frozen until cooked through, about 10 minutes, creating Perfect Grill Marks.
- Spicy Dipping Sauce: Mix all ingredients in a small glass bowl.
Recipe from Gathering Around The Grill Cookbook