This recipe is a great option for when you are in the mood for a holiday style dinner, but don't have a large group to feed.
- 1 whole turkey breast, boned and butterflied, skin-on
- 4 ounces brie cheese, rind removed and sliced (this is easier to do when the cheese is well-chilled)
- 2 tablespoons apple butter
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh sage
- 6-8 slices prosciutto
- Lay the turkey breast on a cutting board, skin side down. Place the cheese inside the "pockets" where the bones have been removed. Drizzle with some apple butter and sprinkle with sage. Lay 2 slices of prosciutto overtop to seal in the gooey goodness, and fold the two sides of the breast together. Where the turkey skin does not meet, lay the remaining slices of prosciutto.
- Slide butcher twine underneath and tie the breast together in several places width-wise and length-wise.
- Preheat the barbecue on MEDIUM-HIGH for 10 minutes, then reduce the outside burners to LOW and turn off the centre burner.
- Place the turkey in the middle of the upper rack. Close the lid, and cook for 1 hour, turning over halfway through. Move the turkey to the lower grids, continue to grill and turn every 10-15 minutes until crisp all over and cooked through. Be sure to use a meat thermometer, and cook to an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Remove from the grill, and wrap with foil to rest for 10-15 minutes. Slice thickly and serve with Cranberry Sauce.