Gather around the grill with this inspirational recipe and grilling ideas for family and friends.
- 1 can beer
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Combine in a spray bottle and shake
- Flesh of 1 orange
- 5 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp chipotle peppers in adobo
- 4 tbsp canola oil
- 3 tbsp black pepper
- 3 tbsp salt
- Combine all of the paste ingredients above in a blender. Puree into a smooth paste. Rub turkey all over with paste and let rest in refrigerator overnight.
- Rinse the turkey inside and out and pat it dry with paper towels. Light the smoker and set it to 225-250°F. Scatter soaked apple wood chips over the coals, and fill the diffuser pan with warm water.
- Place the turkey on the smoker and close lid. Begin spraying with mop every 30 minutes after 3 hours of being on the smoker. Check that the diffuser pan is always full of water, beer or fruit juice.
- Smoke for about 6 hours, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F. Increase internal temperature of the smoker to 325°F and cook for another 45 minutes. Let rest 1/2 hour before carving.