The most appetizing appetizer for shrimp lovers! We suggest printing out the recipe because you'll be asked for it over and over again.
- 2 pounds jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails intact
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly gound black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- In a small bowl, whisk together all the marinade ingredients. Place the shrimp in a re sealable plastic bag, or in a flat glass dish. Pour the marinade over the shrimp and combine to coat well. Let stand 15–30 minutes.
- Meanwhile preheat the barbecue on MEDIUM HIGH. Brush the grids clean and coat them well with oil to prevent sticking. Lay the shrimp on the grill and cook until just done; about 2 minutes per side.