Such an easy and delicious meal! The sweetness of the garlic pairs perfectly with the juicy scallops.
- 1 lb scallops
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp celery salt
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 1 green pepper, cut into 12 squares
- 4 wooden skewers
- Thaw scallops completely, if frozen. Dry on paper towel.
- Soak wooden skewers in water for about 30 minutes before using to help reduce burning.
- Preheat barbecue on HIGH.
- In frying pan, combine butter, garlic, shallots, parsley, nutmeg, and celery salt. Saute at low heat 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, string scallops on 4 wooden skewers alternately with the cherry tomatoes and green peppers.
- Reduce the heat to MEDIUM - LOW. Place skewers on the barbecue and cook, turning as necessary, until the scallops are cooked through (about 6-8 minutes).