It doesn't get much easier than this! Who knew there were so many delightful ways to enjoy scallops?
- 2 lbs large scallops
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 large, ripe mango, peeled and cubed
- 1 tbsp ginger root, peeled and grated
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1/2 tsp asian chili sauce
- cilantro or mint leaves, for garnish
- Rinse scallops, pat dry with paper towels and remove the side "muscle" if attached. Toss the scallops with 2 teaspoons vegetable oil and salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, puree the mango, ginger root, garlic and rice vinegar. Add canola oil and chili sauce and blend together. Add salt and pepper as well as rice vinegar to taste.
- On a preheated barbecue set at MEDIUM, grill the scallops quickly, about 12–2 minutes per side. Drizzle a little Mango Sauce into individual martini glasses, then add 2 scallops and drizzle with more Mango Sauce. Garnish with a sprig of fresh cilantro or mint.
Recipe from Gathering Around The Grill Cookbook