A fresh, delightful lunch or light dinner and a nice break from chicken or tuna.
- 1 package fresh whole wheat or corn tortillas
- 1 lb large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tsp honey
- Pinch of chili flakes
- 2 avocados, diced
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 medium red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 cup sour cream, garnished with lime zest
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a glass bowl and add thawed shrimp.
- Preheat barbecue on MEDIUM for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare salsa by combining all ingredients in a medium glass bowl and set aside. Brush the cooking grids with vegetable oil. Grill shrimp 2 minutes per side, until the shrimp becomes opaque and curls. As the shrimp are cooking, heat up the tortillas by placing them on the top rack of the barbecue.
- Assemble wraps by layering shrimp and salsa in the wrap, top with sour cream, fold and serve.