Wow, what a combination! You'll be thinking to yourself, "Now why didn't I think of that?!"
- 1 lb scallops
- 1 can button mushrooms
- 1 can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 tsp salt dash of pepper
- 12 slices bacon
- Thaw frozen scallops. Remove any shell particles and wash.
- Place mushrooms, pineapple and scallops in a bowl. Combine vegetable oil, soy sauce, lemon juice, parsley, salt and pepper. Pour sauce over scallop mixture. Let stand 30 minutes, turning once.
- Fry bacon slowly until cooked but not crisp. Cut each slice in half.
- Preheat barbecue on HIGH.
- Alternate scallops, mushrooms, pineapple and bacon on long metal skewers.
- Reduce the heat to MEDIUM - LOW. Place skewers on the barbecue and cook, turning as necessary, until the scallops are cooked through.