Quesadillas don't have to just be chicken or steak; get creative with this dish which can be a fantastic appetizer or meal.
- 1 tin diced green chilies, drained
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 green onions, finely diced
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 oz monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup sweet onions, finely diced
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- zest of one lime
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 large flour tortillas
- 1 lb cooked seafood (shrimp, crab, lobster), squeezed very dry
- Mix the first 11 ingredients in a large bowl. Gently stir in the drained seafood, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Lay the tortillas down and spread the filling on 1/2 of each tortilla, leaving a border along the edge. Brush the edges with water, fold over the tortilla and press together to seal.
- Preheat the barbecue on HIGH and brush the grids with olive oil. Reduce heat to MEDIUM and grill 2 minutes per side, until the filling is warm and the cheese is melted. Remove from grill, and cool slightly before cutting into wedges. Garnish with cilantro and serve with your favorite salsa.