Special thanks to Janet and Kevin of Janet Lynn's Bistro for this great contribution to the Broil King Menu.
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 red hot serrano chili
- 1/2 tsp dried red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp lemon zest, grated
- 1 tbsp red chili paste
- Soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- Prepare shrimp by gently pulling the shells away, and removing the vein with a paring knife.
- Combine all the marinade ingredients in a medium sized bowl. Add the shrimp and marinate for 30 minutes in the refrigerator. Thread 3 shrimp on each skewer, piercing at the head and tail.
- Preheat grill on HIGH, then reduce heat to MEDIUM - HIGH. With the lid open, grill the shrimp 2 - 3 minutes per side, basting once after the first turn. Shrimp are done when just pink and opaque. Do not overcook.