This fabulous fall salad works best with pears that are ripe but firm.
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar, or cider vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 cups mixed greens
- 1/2 cup pecan halves, toasted
- 1/2 cup blue cheese, roquefort or stilton
- 3 pears, peeled, cored and quartered
- Preheat the barbecue on LOW. Whisk together vinegar and honey. Add olive oil in a thin stream whisking constantly, and add salt and pepper. Brush or spray prepared pears with olive or vegetable oil, and place on preheated barbecue on LOW.
- Grill on both sides until softened slightly and heated through, about 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, divide greens evenly among six plates. Arrange the pears, pecans and cheese on top and drizzle with the vinaigrette.