Gather around the grill with this inspirational recipe and grilling ideas for family and friends.
- 2 firm-ripe pears, cored and sliced into 1/8ths.
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into large chunks
- 2 zucchini, sliced lengthwise
- Vegetable oil to brush on the vegetables and pears
- spring mix lettuces, washed and spun dry
- crumbled Stilton or Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/4 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- 2 oil-packed sundried tomatoes, finely minced
- 1 small clove garlic, finely minced or pressed
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Vinaigrette: In a small bowl, combine the sundried tomatoes, garlic, honey and vinegar. Whisk in the olive oil in a steady stream. Season to taste with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Preheat barbecue on MEDIUM HIGH for 10 minutes. Clean the grids with a steel brush to remove any residue, and lubricate them with some vegetable oil. Reduce the heat to MEDIUM, and lay the prepared pears and vegetables on the grill, brushing the pears and zucchini with a little oil to prevent sticking. Grill them until just tender, for a total of about 8 minutes, turning 3 times for perfect grill marks.
- Pile the lettuce on individual plates and arrange the vegetables over top. Spoon the dressing evenly over the salads, then sprinkle with the toasted pumpkin seeds and Stilton cheese.