Gather around the grill with this inspirational recipe and grilling ideas for family and friends.
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 1 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 tsp coriander, ground
- 1 tsp cumin, ground
- 1 tsp chili pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1/2 cup currants
- 1 1/2 cups medium grain couscous
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat oil over medium heat and add onion, garlic and ginger. Saute for 2 minutes, until softened. Add chicken stock, carrots, black pepper, coriander, cumin, chili pepper flakes and salt. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 – 7 minutes. Add zucchini and cook 2 – 3 minutes longer. Stir in currants.
- In a large bowl, combine couscous with chicken stock and vegetable mixture. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff, taste and adjust seasonings. Garnish with parsley, just before serving.
Recipe from Gathering Around The Grill Cookbook