Grilled asparagus is a great side for a variety of dishes. Salty prosciutto, creamy cream cheese and asparagus combine to create a flavor trifecta sure to impress your guest.
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Serves: 8
- Difficulty: 2/5
- Cook time: 8 minutes
- 1 pound (.45 kilograms) asparagus
- 6 ounces (170 grams) prosciutto
- 8 ounces (227 grams) herbed cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat gas grill to 400°F (205°C), season cooking grids with cooking oil. Remove the hard ends of the asparagus stock, chop or snap them off. Lightly coat asparagus with olive oil, sprinkle salt and pepper to desired taste, set aside.
- One piece at a time place prosciutto slices on a flat surface. For best result use a whipped cream cheese, it's easiest to spread. Carefully apply a small amount of cream cheese to each slice of prosciutto. Place three stalks of asparagus onto the prosciutto, tightly roll the prosciutto around the asparagus. Place wrapped asparagus on a grill topper and place on the grill. Otherwise grill directly. Grill for 6 to 8 minutes until prosciutto is crisp, flip once.