This savoury mashed potato casserole is the perfect dish to pair with any grilled steak, chicken or roast beef. Seconds anyone? Yes please.
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Serves: 6-8
- Difficulty: 2/5
- Cook time: 50 minutes
- 12 large russet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 pound (.23 kilograms) cream cheese
- 2 cups light sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Place peeled potatoes in a large pot half full of cool, salted water. Cover and bring to a boil, reduce heat to MEDIUM and continue cooking until tender, approximately 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, chop green onions, and combine with cream cheese, sour cream, salt and pepper.
- Drain potatoes, place into a large mixing bowl with butter and mash with a potato masher. Add cream cheese mixture and beat with an electric mixer until fluffy. Spoon mixture into a buttered aluminum tray or pan and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Can be refrigerated overnight at this point, covered tightly.
- Place in an oven or barbecue, preheated to 350°F (177°C). Bake, uncovered, until golden brown, approximately 40-50 minutes.
- NOTE: Can be prepared up to 2 days in advance and heated in the barbecue or oven, when needed.