This excellent salad is worth the extra preparation time. A great summer lunch.
- 1 1/2 lb boned and skinned chicken
- breast halves, rinsed and patted dry
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 medium zucchinis, sliced lengthwise
- 2 red onions, thickly sliced
- 4 red bell peppers, roasted and seeded
- 1 lb new potatoes, boiled and quartered
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup black olive
- Combine olive oil, cumin, paprika, and garlic, and divide this mixture between two heavy–duty resealable bags, or 2 glass dishes. To the first dish, add the chicken, and to the other, add the prepared zucchini, and red onion. The chicken and vegetables can marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature, or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Preheat barbecue on HIGH, and brush the cooking grids with oil. Place chicken on the grill, reduce heat to MEDIUM, and cook for 5 minutes per side. Grill the marinated vegetables until tender–crisp, in batches if necessary.
- Cut the chicken into strips, and place in a large bowl. Add the grilled vegetables, roasted red peppers, and the potatoes.
- For the dressing, combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic, hot pepper sauce, paprika, cumin, and cilantro. Toss with prepared chicken and vegetables in the large bowl. Garnish with cherry tomatoes and black olives.