Gather around the grill with this inspirational recipe and grilling ideas for family and friends.
- 1/2 red onion, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 red pepper, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 yellow pepper, halved lengthwise
- 3 small zucchini, sliced lengthwise
- 6 carrots, julienned
- 18 spears asparagus, cut in thirds
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat barbecue on HIGH.
- To prepare the marinade: In a medium bowl, whisk together garlic, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, herbs, salt and pepper. Add the onion and peppers to marinade and toss. Remove from marinade and grill over MEDIUM heat for 3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Brush the zucchini slices with marinade and grill 2 - 3 minutes per side until lightly browned. Reserve any remaining marinade.
- Cut all grilled vegetables into bite-sized triangular pieces.
- Meanwhile, separately cook carrots and asparagus in boiling salted water until just tender, but still crisp. Transfer to ice cold water, drain and air dry.
- In small saucepan, over low heat, warm remaining marinade. Toss together all vegetables with warmed marinade. Season with balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper to taste.