Want to save some time? Use pre-cut baby carrots from. Otherwise, peel regular carrots, trim to approximately 3-in (7.62 cm) lengths of an even thickness.
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Serves: 8
- Difficulty: 2/5
- Cook time: 30 minutes
- 3 pounds (1.36 kg) carrots
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoon soya sauce
- 2 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- 2 tablespoons shallots, chopped
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Heat vegetable oil in a large frying pan over MEDIUM heat. Add carrots and cook until lightly browned, about 3 before stirring and continuing to brown. Season with salt, pepper, ginger, garlic and shallots. Cook over MEDIUM-LOW heat, stir occasionally, until the shallots are softened, 5-7 minutes. Add honey, orange juice, soya sauce and water.
- Cover, cook the carrots slowly, stir occasionally, until the carrots are tender, and the juices have formed a glaze, 30-40 minutes. Garnish with chopped mint.