Gather around the grill with this inspirational recipe and grilling ideas for family and friends.
For the Caponata
- 2 zucchinis
- 2 peppers
- 1 large eggplant
- Olive oil
- Fresh basil and rosemary, chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Crumbled feta cheese
For the Peppers
- 3 large bell peppers, your choice of yellow, orange or red
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 or 3 tablespoons melted butter
- Parmesan cheese
- Prepare the vegetables for the caponata on the Keg as outlined in our vegetable cooking chart. Let cool completely. Dice all the vegetables and place them in a medium bowl with the herbs and spices and feta cheese. Toss gently to combine.
- Cut the peppers in half lengthwise and remove the seeds and ribs. Spoon in the smoked vegetable mixture. In a small bowl, toss the breadcrumbs with butter, and sprinkle this on top of the stuffed peppers. Sprinkle some parmesan cheese on top.
- To help keep the peppers steady and level, and to preserve their shape, you may want to place each one into an empty small flan ring. Reheat them on the top rack of the Keg for 20-30 minutes or until heated through.