Now is the time to enjoy late summers with bounty of veggies, this dish gives just that and also easy to make.
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp tomato juice
- 4 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 1 small eggplant, peeled, cut in 1" cubes
- 1 green pepper, cut in 1" chunks
- 1 zucchini, cut in 1" cubes
- 1 red pepper, cut in 1" chunks
- 1 red onion, cut in 1" sections
- Preheat barbecue on MEDIUM. If using bamboo skewers, prepare them by soaking in water for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together marinade ingredients and prepare the vegetables. Alternately thread vegetables on skewers, and place in a flat-bottomed dish. Drizzle with the marinade.
- Grill skewers 4 - 6 minutes per side, turning once and basting with the marinade.