Spring gets you energized with the first signs of colour in your garden. This dish definitely brings out colour with it's blend of fried vegetables.
- 2 cups broccoli, cut into small florets
- 2 cups cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 zucchini, sliced ¼" thick
- 1 cup carrots, sliced on the diagonal
- 1 cup sugar snap peas, strings removed
- 3 green onions, sliced sharply on the diagonal
For the Marinade
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp Asian chili sauce
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tsp kosher salt
For the Garnish
- 2 tsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- Prepare all the vegetables and place in a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together the marinade ingredients. Pour the marinade over the vegetables and toss to coat evenly.
- Preheat barbecue on HIGH, placing the deep dish grill wok on the cooking grids. Use the direct grilling method.
- Brush or spray the grill wok liberally with vegetable oil. Place all of the vegetables into the wok, and stir briefly, then close the lid of the grill.
- Continue to toss the vegetables with tongs every minute, until the vegetables are tender-crisp and starting to brown, about 10 minutes. Keep the lid closed when not turning the veggies.
- Remove from the grill and place in serving dish. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro and toasted sesame seeds. Serve hot.
- These vegetables are partly stir-fried, and partly roasted, resulting in tasty, caramelized morsels.